Costa Rica has many beautiful places that are worth visiting, granted everyone has different preferences when they travel, but there are some destinations in the country that are a must visit for any tourist:
1) La Fortuna, San Carlos: Whether you are the adventurous type or the Eco-traveler, if you are here in a romantic trip or traveling with kids. La Fortuna in San Carlos has something for everyone to enjoy. The wonderful nature that surrounds the area of the Arenal Volcano National Park is just mesmerizing; while there are also plenty of activities that can be enjoyed in the area, zip lining, horseback riding, white water rafting, hiking, among others, one of the main reasons tourists love this area is because of the hot springs, their healing power attracts thousands of visitors every year. If you are traveling with kids there are water parks they will sure enjoy, while if you want some adult fun, there are very romantic hotels in the area; there are actually hotels for every budget in this area.
2) Manuel Antonio National Park: This destination is probably recommended by every Costa Rica tourism site and every brochure; but it is not overrated, this is one of the most visited parks in the country, a combination of beautiful beach, unspoiled rainforest, and a great atmosphere where you can find delicious restaurants and luxurious hotels.
3) Corcovado National Park: Because it is one of the most remote National Parks, located in the Osa Península, it is not one of the most visited, but if you have the time, you will not regret choosing this area for your vacation. The park vibrates with life; here you will find 2.5% of the biodiversity of the planet and you can enjoy the beaches of the beautiful Drake Bay.
4) Guanacaste: The beaches of Guanacaste are the favorite of many, Guanacaste has many awesome areas, but perhaps the most popular beaches are: Flamingo, Conchal, Playa Grande, Tamarindo and Avellanas, all just a short drive from each other, so don’t worry, you can choose to stay at any of these beaches and still be close enough to the others. Enjoy the morning in the clear waters of Flamingo, after lunch head over to Playa Grande for the sunset, and then go for dinner in Tamarindo. Guanacaste offer a variety of hotels and rental villas for every budget and preference.
5) The Caribbean Coast: This area of Costa Rica deserves more attention than it gets, perhaps you won’t find here the luxury hotels you can find in Guanacaste, but you will find a particular warmth and a cultural richness that will make you feel welcome. From Cahuita to Manzanillo, each of the beaches has its appeal.
These are just 5 of the many places you can visit while in Costa Rica. Have time for more? Try to fit in any or all of the following: the cloud forest of Monteverde, Rio Celeste, Montezuma, and/or San Gerardo de Dota
Off the Beaten Track
We can customize ALL of our sample Costa Rica vacations just for you. If you’re feeling adventurous, you may choose some off-the-beaten-track destinations to your itinerary. An Osa Peninsula vacation is a popular choice for those who seek the “road less traveled”, as the undisturbed tropical paradise of Corcovado National Park is accessible only by boat. A “green season” must-see destination is Tortuguero. This hidden gem is located on the Caribbean coast and is a world-class turtle refuge. The Nicoya Peninsula is another of the lesser-known areas, popular with adventure travelers, surfers, and yoga buffs.
Our agents can set up the all inclusive or al a carte vacation package and itinerary you want throughout the country. There is no charge for our service and we’ll save you money and lots of time and you’ll get the vacation you want.
*We have a wonderful NEW DVD, it is 23 minutes: LEARN MORE
To see all the adventure tours that Bill Beard’s operates Throughout Costa Rica: CLICK HERE
For single, triple, quad or group rates, contact our agents.
Our Reservation Office Is Located In La Fortuna, Costa Rica In The Shadow Of Arenal Volcano, behind the Catholic Church, Near The World Famous Hot Springs.
Sign up for our Latest Newsletter & Adventure Travel Deals
IMPORTANT NOTE – Please be advised that every reasonable effort has been made to keep all prices up to date and free of errors or omissions. Prices and policies from our vendors and the Costa Rican government are subject to change without notice. Invoices will be issued at the time of booking to confirm all final rates and offers.